Port St. Lucie, FL--
Veterans Association of Real Estate Professionals Launches
Treasure Coast Regional Chapter Florida
Based in Corona, California, The Veterans Association of Real Estate Professionals (VAREP) announced today the launch of its Treasure Coast Regional Chapter located in Southeast Florida. The Chapter held its First meeting in Jupiter, Florida on August 2, 2017.
Established in 2011, the USA Homeownership Foundation, Inc. DBA Veterans Association of Real Estate Professionals (VAREP) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3), whose mission is to increasing sustainable homeownership, financial literacy, VA loan awareness, and economic opportunity for the active military and veteran communities.
“Many real estate and financial service professionals would like to better serve the real estate needs of the 1,411,425 service members and 22,328,279 veterans nationwide,” said Son Nguyen, Founder of VAREP. “However, until now no organization existed that could make it happen; VAREP was founded to fill the void."
· The Leadership Board of Directors were sworn in, consisting of 8 Directors, who are Active Duty, Veteransand Civilian Patriots:
· Dennis Hearing, President, Patriot
· Andrew Grichtmeier, Vice President, Veteran
· Steven Rosa-Pagan, Secretary, Veteran
· Pamela Green, Treasurer, Patriot
· Carlleen Wilson, Community Outreach, Patriot
· Michael Cantwell, Education Director, Patriot
· Peter Sicoli, Membership Director, Veteran
· Dr Ben Sorensen, Active Duty US Navy, Lieutenant Commander
F Florida has the third largest population of veterans in the nation. VAREP Treasure Coast Regional Chapter is the Fifth Chapter to launch in the State of Florida.
VAREP and its members represent and work within all sectors of the real estate, housing and financial service’s industries. Membership is open to anyone and is not limited to those who have served.
“I am honored to be leading the VAREP Treasure Coast Regional Chapter, to serving the 100,000 plus veterans in the multi county southeast region of Florida (Treasure Coast), Indian River County, Saint Lucie County and Martin County. With great anticipation I look forward to collaborating with our 4 existing VAREP chapters in West and East Central Florida and the VAREP Miami Chapter and VAREP Broward Chapter. Along with growing with our new chapters to launch 2017/2018 in Jacksonville and Pensacola.” Said Dennis Hearing, Chapter President. “ We advocate in the policy arena on their behalf, empower our membership to better serve their real estate needs and encourage organizations to create housing programs that suit the military and veteran’s unique needs.”
VAREP ACCOMPLISHES ITS MISSION THROUGH A FIVE POINT PLAN
- Homeownership Advocacy. Advocate nationally to develop programs that reduce barriers to homeownership in the military and veteran communities.
- Community Outreach. Foster responsible homeownership in the military and veteran communities by providing housing education through live and online courses on such topics as foreclosure prevention, financial literacy, and understanding credit—pre and post-purchase.
- Professional Membership. Provide a place where real estate and financial service professionals can share ideas, get educated, and be empowered to better serve the real estate needs of service members, veterans, and their families. Non-military members are welcome.
- Veteran Job Creation. Collaborate with organizations in the financial service sector to support veteran employment, and help implement legislation
- Affordable Housing. Provide affordable home buying opportunities for veterans and service members who have gone through VAREP’s homeownership education and counselling services.
As a housing non-profit for vets, by vets, our success is measured not by a balance sheet for shareholders but by how many lives we can improve through our programs and services. Our proactive stance--providing financial-literacy education and advocating homeownership--may not end the epidemic of homelessness among the veteran community, but can prevent it from happening in the future, one veteran at a time.
Established in 2011, the USA Homeownership Foundation, Inc. DBA Veterans Association of Real Estate Professionals (VAREP) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) dedicated to increasing sustainable homeownership and economic development for the active military and veteran communities.
For more information, visit: http://www.varep.net